Monday, October 17, 2011

So how's your liver doing these days?

Allergies? Fatigue? Indigestion? Actually I could go on and on. When your liver is congested (yes not just your sinuses get stuffy) all sorts of symptoms will emerge as your body is crying out for a little help. Detox baby! I know...how weird am I that I get excited over cleansing and crowned myself The Detox Diva?
But seriously friends-- to release toxins from the body (physically and emotionally) brings such freedom and wellness to your life! Over the next few posts I am going to talk/explain about liver detoxification & how this works on a physical level, how to prepare your body and support it with nutrition and supplementation, as well as discuss the emotional attributes - which are very fascinating!
First up I'm going to outline just a teeny bit of what your liver does for you.

Your liver:
  • Processes toxins
  • Destroys bacteria
  • Creates cholesterol & even alcohol (yup)
  • Produces blood proteins
  • Manufactures materials needed for clotting blood
  • Produces antioxidants
  • Controls blood sugar levels
  • Stores vitamins
  • Produces bile
  • Stores a multitude of nutrients & toxins to feed & protect the body
You gotta love your liver. Giving it a little help now and then through a detoxification program is key to keeping it happy. Next up I will intro you to Detox - Phase 1.

No comments:

Post a Comment